23. sep. 2009

Fwd: YOU

A friend whose husband, S, had cancer, wrote me this message today. 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NN <NN@abcdef.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Subject: YOU
To: C <forsinket at gmail.com>


Hi C,
I just finished reading your blog and can feel for you. Although our experiences are different in many ways, I understand what you are feeling as a caretaker and an affected member of the family. Of all the responsibility that has fallen on you and the uncertainty of what A is going to be like or capable of when she comes home. The insecurity of the future always throws us for a loop, no matter how enlightened we think we are. There are struggles and fears to deal with daily. I understand what it is like to be "just the spouse." I remember coming home from the hospital one day and getting out of my car and a neighbor that I don´t know so well asked me how it was going with S....and I started to bawl, out of control, I was angry and tired and frustrated and I didn´t give a shit how S was at that moment but I was pretty damn tired of being the one holding everything together. The neighbor was really sweet and understanding and patient with my outbreak. I look back on that now and just laugh and shake my head, because in the end I did hold it together and grew from it... and liked the new S better than the old. And liked the new N better than the old too.

We are not all so different and it IS ALL GOOD to feel the way you are feeling and justified too.

Take care

You don´t have to answer this email.

Your friend,

N

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Denne bloggen er anonym. Vennligst ikke bruk As eller andres for eller etternavn av hensyn til personvern.

Bloggarkiv

Etiketter (ikke alle innlegg er tagget)

Følgere